- Missing Children on the Autism Spectrum Search Protocols
- SARA – Search and Rescue for Autism
- First Responder Toolkit: A Guide to Searching for Missing Persons on the Autism Spectrum
- Summary notes from Autism, and its impact on our work as a SAR team. From April 8, 2021, Wilderness Medicine Continuing Education presented by Dr. JD Storn
- Approaching Alzheimer’s: First Responder Training – This online course will help prepare you to respond to common calls involving a person with dementia. Start at the Briefing for tips and information that can help in any situation. Then, hear from other first responders and learn how to respond to typical calls. In each topic you’ll take a quiz yourself to test your new knowledge of the new tips. If you’d like to learn more, you can explore all of the topics in greater detail. Complete all topics to earn a certificate or simply review those most relevant to your role.
- Required Gear List
- Gear/litter assembly demonstration video (YouTube)
- CMC MPD demonstration video (YouTube)
- Cascade Rescue TERRA TAMER Rescue Wheel demonstration video (YouTube) – If anyone is picking up gear for a callout, you need to now make sure you grab our new Terra Tamer wheel system. It’s on the rack next to the liter. The liter mount, wheel, and braking system are functional now, so please review the video so you are familiar with its use.
Navigation/Map & Compass
- SAR Basics Training Outline
- Low Angle Training – key point outline
- UVWRT Patient Assessment Packaging/Liter carry techniques (PDF 5/27/2020)
- Search Dogs of September 11th and Today (PowerPoint Presentation)
- UVWRT – WMSAR Tabletop SAR Training – April 22, 2021 – Search planning from 911 to find . . . we hope! Presenters: Sgt. Heidi Murphy, NH F&G Dist. 3; Robyn Milan, NEK9 President; Eric Bivona, UVWRT Executive Officer
- Geisel School of Medicine SAR Tech Training, Storrs Pond Recreation Area, Hanover – April 27, 2021 (PowerPoint Presentation)
Upcoming Team Training Events
Team training events will be added here when they are scheduled.
- Terra Tamer Training – Saturday, July 24, 2021 – Storrs Pond Recreation area
- Statewide SAR Training – Saturday, September 11, 2021 – This will be held at the Cannon Mountain Brookside Center, located off exit 34-C in Franconia, NH, the same location as in previous years.
- Fall Training – Saturday, September 18, 2021 – location TBD – Training for all current members and for new members to meet the team and get a sense of what SAR work is all about.
- VT SAR Working Group Training – Saturday, September 25, 2021 – Details will be sent out and posted here.
New Member Training
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are suspending all live training activity until further notice. For now, all training will be by remote access until such time as it is safe to resume live training. For additional information regarding team activities, see UVWRT COVID-19 Statement – May 4, 2021.