As we enter a busy holiday weekend and SAR season, I want to remind everyone to have your packs and gear ready to go. There is still snow and ice in the mountains . . .
Risk Management and being prepared:
- snowshoes and micro-spikes may be required at higher elevations
- anticipate high water at river crossings
- have your PFD available for riverbank searches
- wear a DOT reflective vest on your pack during roadside searches
- drive safely to and from all callouts observing speed limits and all traffic regulations
Safety is everyone’s responsibility!
NO SEARCH IS SO IMPORTANT AND NO RESCUE SO URGENT THAT WE CANNOT TAKE THE TIME AND PROPER EQUIPMENT TO PERFORM OUR TASK SAFELY!
Documents and Other Resources